David Morgan, founder of Silver-Investor.com, says he could see silver prices as high as $45 in 2011 "and if things get really crazy we could go beyond that."
Anthony Neglia, president of Tower Trading, sees $50 in the second quarter, but will be forced to revise his target if silver slips past $38 an ounce.
Phil Streible, senior market strategist at Lind-Waldock, is a bit more conservative saying the $42 is a near term top.
"It's [just] not going to be in one shot ... unless some significant supply and demand structure changes ... I think we chop our way up there," he says.Bob Archer, president and chief executive officer of Great Panther Silver (GPR), told TheStreet that he expects silver prices could crest $40 this in 2011. "Silver is, for the first time in a long time, starting to get in the mainstream of investor awareness," said Archer. "Silver is a tiny, tiny market. The more money that flows into a tiny market, the more the price shoots up." Keith Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic Silver (AG), says "as we become more reliant as a human race on technology we become more reliant on silver." Neumeyer thinks silver will hit $50 in 2011 and $100 over the long term. Philip Klapwijk, executive chairman of GFMS, thinks $50 is a realistic price target for 2011. But the fun stops there. "One would expect to see fairly significant profit taking at $50 an ounce," says Klapwijk, "because I do think that is a target for ... early investments in the metal. That could lead to a lot of volatility." The experts, traders and CEOs have weighed in and now we want to know what you think:
|More on Gold Gold Price News|
|How to Invest in Gold|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alix Steel. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adsteel. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV