Cramer said the facts have changed, and his worst fear for the economy, gasoline rising above $4 a gallon, is now a real possibility. He said unlike Egypt, Libya and Bahrain have a much larger impact on oil production and prices, and the facts may no longer be on the side of the bulls.Cramer said the market has had a huge run, and that means there will be a lot of profit taking on this new round of uncertainty. He said that most stocks don't bottom on day one of a decline. Rather they bottom on day two or three. That means more pain ahead for investors. Buy gold, Cramer told viewers, along with anything energy- or alternative energy-related. He said he'd also be a buyer of anything in the agriculture space on this weakness, as oil prices are unlikely to change eating habits and the need for grain. "Everything else," said Cramer, "no." "We've made a ton of money in this market," Cramer concluded, "but there are too many negatives and we have to temper out enthusiasm."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV