Bank of America
Bank of America (BAC) is eliminating several retail branches across the country as part of an overall restructuring effort, which means it will also be eliminating more jobs.The bank has said it will close several of its 5,856 retail branches this year and try to boost revenue by offering investment advice through using video conferencing, according to Bloomberg. . No word on how many positions will be eliminated as it closes those branches. Bank of America is also continuing to eliminate non-core businesses and discontinue partnerships like its partnership with the state of New York for a tax center near Kingston, New York. That may possibly mean the elimination of 100 Bank of America full time employees. The site also employs 1,500 seasonal workers on-site through May. The bank has not made any final decisions on cutting the positions, but is considering it as more and more people file taxes electronically, according to The Times Union. The bank also laid off employees in its Global Technology & Operations division in December and Capital Markets divisions. Bank of America is also rumored to be laying off junior bankers in its investment banking division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV