TOKYO, Feb. 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJ) (Nasdaq:IIJI) (TSE1:3774), one of Japan's leading Internet access and comprehensive network solutions providers, today announced the March 2011 release of the FS810WR mobile wireless LAN router, the latest data communications terminal available for use with IIJ's enterprise class high-speed mobile data communications service IIJ Mobile Service/Type D.
The FS810WR boasts the following advantages:
- Small, portable, and convenient mobile wireless LAN router
This mobile wireless LAN router is compatible with IIJ Mobile Service/Type D. It uses the NTT DoCoMo FOMA network for HSPA high-speed communications (down link speed of 7.2 Mbps, up link speed of 5.7 Mbps). Because it is small and portable, it can easily be used to provide a stable communications environment just about anywhere.
- Compatible with a variety of smart devices including the iPad
It is distinctly different from conventional data communications cards because it can be used with smart devices running on different OSes, such as the iPad, in addition to laptop computers. As both smart devices and existing PCs can be used in the same network when using FS810WR, customers can smoothly replace terminals in the future.
- Secure remote access when used in conjunction with existing services
Used with the ID Gateway remote access service, the FS810WR allows the user to connect to the corporate system remotely without regard for the user's terminal type or the connection environment. It can also be used with IIJ Mobile Biz+, which restricts Internet access to specified sites, and the IIJ Direct Access service, which creates a closed connection with the corporate LAN using existing Internet lines, to make the smart device a dedicated remote access terminal, and create a more secure remote access environment.Moving forward, the number of companies using smart devices as dedicated business terminals is expected to increase, and to meet that need, IIJ has developed the IIJ GIO Smart Mobile Solution. IIJ GIO Smart Mobile Solution has several components, including the Mobile Application Gateway and the IIJ Smart Mobile Manager Pilot Service, and when combined with the FS810WR, it provides a total solution for corporate smart mobile devices, including terminal management tools, gateway environment, and connection environment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV