DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Feb. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Golden Corral announced today its involvement with two Nascar Sprint Cup Race Teams for the famed Daytona 500 on February 20, 2011:
- A primary sponsorship with Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) owner of the #36 driven by veteran Dave Blaney
- A major associate sponsorship with K Motorsports, Inc owner of the #92 driven by Rookie Brian Keselowski.
In addition, both teams and drivers have teamed up with Golden Corral in the Daytona 500 for their Racing for American Families promotion. If either Blaney or Keselowski places in the top 10 of the race, Golden Corral will offer a one-day "Kids Eat Free" promotion on Monday, February 21st. Details of the offer include:
- Free kids buffet with an adult buffet purchase at regular price.
- Limit of 2 free kid's meals per adult buffet purchased.
- Requires a printed copy of official race results from a newspaper or website.
- This special promotional offer only redeemable on Monday, February 21, 2011.
"We are fortunate to have a partnered with Dave Blaney and Brian Keselowski and would enjoy treating America's Kids to a free meal on Monday if either of them has a top-10 finish," said Ed Gleich, Vice President of Marketing for Golden Corral. "We will also honor our Disabled American Veterans with a $10,000 contribution to the DAV if the #36 or #92 place in the Top 10."The Great American Race is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET Sunday, February 20th and will be televised on the FOX network. Golden Corral Corporation Founded in 1973, privately held Golden Corral Corp. is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. Golden Corral currently has 485 restaurants in 41 states. The company's vision is to be the leader in the family restaurant segment by making pleasurable dining affordable for every guest, at every restaurant, every day. Golden Corral restaurants nationwide have long been strong supporters of the U.S. Military and the Disabled American Veterans organization (DAV). Golden Corral helped raise more than $1,000,000- for the DAV in 2010 as part of its annual "Military Appreciation Monday" initiative. For more information on Golden Corral, visit www.goldencorral.com. SOURCE Golden Corral Corporation