HILLSBORO, Ore. -- Intel's (INTC) chief executive says the company will build a new $5 billion manufacturing facility in the Phoenix suburb of Chandler.
CEO Paul Otellini made the announcement Friday at the company's plant in Hillsboro, Ore., after he gave a tour of the facility to President Barack Obama.
Otellini says the Arizona facility will create thousands of new jobs and will be the most advanced high-volume semi-conductor factory in the world.
The president came to Intel to highlight the company's support for education in science, technology, engineering and math.Obama says investments in education are critical for producing American workers qualified for high-tech jobs. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV