NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB) hit a new 52-week high Friday as it traded at $60.52 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $60.50. Chubb is changing hands at $60.50 with 474,259 shares traded as of 10:35 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 2.2 million shares over the past 30 days. Chubb has a market cap of $18.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. The Chubb Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. The company has a P/E ratio of 10, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 8.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 23.4. TheStreet Ratings rates Chubb as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. You can view the full Chubb Ratings Report. See all 52-week high stocks or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Latest Headlines about CB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV