VANCOUVER, Wash., Feb. 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barrett Business Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:BBSI) announced today that Michael Elich, who was appointed Interim President and Chief Executive Officer on January 20, 2011, following the death of William Sherertz, has been elected to the company's board of directors and appointed President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Elich has been with the company for nearly 10 years, including as its Chief Operating Officer for five years. Before joining BBSI, Mr. Elich was chief operating officer of Skills Resource Training Center, a staffing services company with offices in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
Chairman Anthony Meeker observed, "The Board of Directors has been very impressed with the speed and effectiveness of the management transition following Bill's untimely death. After review of Mike's past performance and recent actions, the Board felt it was appropriate to make his appointment as President and CEO permanent and to elect Mike to BBSI's board of directors. The board has total confidence in Mike's ability to serve effectively in both roles."
In addition, the company announced that its board of directors has approved a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.09 per share. The cash dividend will be paid on March 11, 2011, to all stockholders of record as of February 25, 2011.BBSI provides a comprehensive range of human resource management solutions to large and small companies throughout many regions of the United States.
CONTACT: Michael Elich President and Chief Executive Officer (360) 828-0700
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV