The Encompass Fund’s focus on global resource companies exploring for and producing commodities like uranium, rare earth elements, copper, and gold helped launch it to the top of Morningstar’s charts once again last year. And in spite of its strategy to diversify risk by investing in a wide variety of sectors including healthcare and real estate, while keeping a portion of assets in cash, this go-anywhere fund has ranked among the top five of all mutual funds tracked by Morningstar for two consecutive years.
As of December 31, 2010, the Encompass Fund (ENCPX) www.encompassfund.com had returned 60.0% for the year. It was Morningstar’s top performing International fund (out of 3,362 funds) as well as #1 in the World Stock Fund category (of 843 funds). It ranked second in performance out of all 15,724 funds tracked for 2010. The Fund is benchmarked against the Wilshire 5000 Index, which gained 17.2% in 2010. Encompass has averaged annual returns of 10.04% since inception.*
The Encompass Fund invests in companies of all sizes, from micro-cap to large cap, in a number of diverse sectors and operating in all parts of the world, including Mongolia, Mali, Burkina Faso, and Cuba. The managers have emphasized commodity and health care companies since the fund’s inception in June 2006.
Veteran wealth managers Malcolm Gissen and Marshall Berol of Malcolm H. Gissen & Associates, Inc., created the Encompass Fund to provide investors access to typically undiscovered investment opportunities in sectors and companies that promise significant future growth.“We continue to find undervalued resource and health care companies with exceptional upside potential,” commented Malcolm Gissen who co-manages the fund with Marshall Berol. “We think that a number of these companies have the potential to double or triple in price over the next 1–3 years because we foresee higher prices for many commodities over the next 12–18 months.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV