CardioNet, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAT), a leading wireless medical technology company with a current focus on the diagnosis and monitoring of cardiac arrhythmias, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year-ended December 31, 2010.
- Received national reimbursement rate from CMS for MCT technology
- Completed acquisition of Biotel Inc.
- Reduced quarter-end DSO to 78 days, a reduction of 47 days compared to the third quarter 2010 and a reduction of 33 days compared to the fourth quarter 2009
- Implemented $15 million of annualized cost reductions
- Signed 58 new payor contracts covering over 12 million lives
- Monitored over 400,000 patients nationally since inception
- Granted motion to dismiss the consolidated class action lawsuit filed in August 2009
- $45 million in cash and investments with no outstanding debt as of December 31, 2010
President and CEO Commentary
Joseph Capper, President and Chief Executive Officer of CardioNet, commented: “Our fourth quarter 2010 operations ended strong with a sequential increase in MCOT TM volume and revenues, which increased to $29 million compared to $27 million in the third quarter 2010. Additionally, we experienced an increase in cash collections in the fourth quarter 2010, resulting from the successful completion of a prepayment review of the Company’s Medicare claims. This enabled us to end the year with a strong cash and investment position of $45 million despite the outlay of approximately $10 million of cash used to acquire Biotel. This also had a positive effect on our DSO, which on a quarter-end basis, decreased 47 days from 125 days for the third quarter 2010 to 78 days at year end.“Looking back on 2010, it was a pivotal year for CardioNet, marked by several key accomplishments for the Company including: the establishment of a national Medicare reimbursement rate, the realization of $15 million in cost reductions, the completion of the Biotel acquisition and the strengthening of the management team with several key hires. These achievements provide a foundation from which we can grow the Company and further strengthen our position as the world leader in wireless medicine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV