San Antonio: The 'New Face Of The American Dream'
- Rackspace Hosting, the world's leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry.
- Toyota Motor Corp., the worldwide automaker which expanded its San Antonio plant in 2010 to include production of the Tacoma pickup in addition to the Tundra.
- The 24th Air Force Cyber Command, which bolstered San Antonio's already stout cyber security sector.
- In addition to being home to nearly 80 private defense contractors in the field, San Antonio is also the base for the National Security Agency's (NSA) Texas Cryptology Center, as well as a NSA data center and campus.
"To anyone building a company, San Antonio's not just the new face, it's the new place of the American Dream," said Graham Weston, chairman of Rackspace Hosting. "There's a special public-private partnership that lifts up San Antonio companies, and the city's 'we're in it together' culture makes teamwork just natural.
" San Antonio has grown to be the seventh-largest city in the nation because it's a big city that maintains a small town feel," Weston added.
The Alamo City's robust business sector also includes the headquarters for HEB Grocery, the largest employer in the state of Texas, and USAA, a FORTUNE 150 insurance and financial services leader focused on serving the military community.During the economic downturn of the past two years, San Antonio was consistently ranked by publications like Forbes and research organizations like the Brookings Institution as one of America's most recession resistant cities. The city's unemployment rate stands at 7.3 percent, compared to a 9.1 percent national rate. Mayor Castro said San Antonio is a shining example of the American melting pot at work. "We have our challenges in San Antonio. That's why we're focusing on raising educational attainment levels, reducing teen pregnancy and restoring our urban core," Castro said. "But one problem we don't have is coming together as a community to work on common problems." He added, "If Americans wonder whether the changing demographic landscape is a net positive or negative for our nation, they should look at San Antonio. The future looks bright." SOURCE City of San Antonio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV