Ruddick Corporation Announces Results Of Annual Shareholders’ Meeting And Quarterly Dividend
Ruddick Corporation (NYSE: RDK) reported that at its Annual Meeting of the Shareholders today the following actions were taken: 1) the current ten directors were reelected to the Board of Directors to serve until the next Annual Meeting of Shareholders; 2) the shareholders approved the Ruddick Corporation 2011 Incentive Compensation Plan; 3) the shareholders approved an advisory (non-binding) “Say on Pay” vote approving the compensation of the Company’s named executive officers as described in the Proxy Statement; 4) the shareholders approved an advisory (non-binding) “Say on Frequency” vote approving that the “Say on Pay” vote be annual; and, 4) the shareholders ratified the appointment of KPMG LLP as the independent registered public accounting firm of the Company for the fiscal year ending October 2, 2011.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors, at a regularly scheduled meeting, declared a quarterly dividend in the amount of $0.13 per share to be paid on April 1, 2011, to shareholders of record on March 11, 2011.
Ruddick Corporation is a holding company with two primary operating subsidiaries: Harris Teeter, Inc., a leading regional supermarket chain with operations in eight states primarily in the southeastern and mid-Atlantic United States, and the District of Columbia; and American & Efird, Inc., one of the world’s largest global manufacturers and distributors of industrial sewing thread, embroidery thread and technical textiles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV