After seeing the shares rise 18% year-to-date, analyst David Darst made the call, noting the stock is "within 2% of our $24 price target."
Shares of Waterbury, Conn.-based Webster slipped a penny to $23.34 in light trading Thursday afternoon. The stock is up more than 40% in the past year, hitting a 52-week of $23.74 this past Monday.
Darst was quite positive about Webster's success in raising capital in the fourth quarter and completing its repayment of government bailout money received through the Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP. And he increased his 2011 earnings estimate for the company to $1.20 a share from $1.05, and his 2012 estimate to $1.40 from $1.35.The Guggenheim price target for Webster was based on 12.5 times Darst's "normalized earnings estimate of $1.90," and the current valuation "approximates regional peers, which reflects an improving fundamental outlook." Darst also said that Webster "has further opportunities to improve operating leverage as
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV