The company has been in the spotlight after short-sellers accused it of being involved in a pump and dump scheme. Management of
Shares of Ion Geophysical (IO) were surging 16.4% to $11.49 after it won a permanent injunction against seismic equipment maker Sercel. Ion Geophysical is a leading provider of geophysical technology, services, and solutions for the global oil & gas industry.
Another notable gainer was Flagstar Bancorp (FBC), up 7.5% to $1.86. There is no recent news on the stock. The company was among the top buys of David Tepper's Appaloosa in the fourth quarter.
Shares of Skechers (SKX) were rebounding from Wednesday's losses, rising 4% to $22.98. The stock fell 6% on Wednesday after it reported a drop in fourth-quarter earnings on the back of higher margin pressures.--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV