NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The 2011 Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona this week offered a few new treats to the already brimming basket of wireless devices introduced at the last industry event, the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Tablets once again took center stage. The "geyser of Android tablet launches" caused RBC analyst Mike Abramsky to craft the acronym "NAAT!" for "not another Android tablet" in a research note Wednesday.
There were also smartphones aplenty, some even sporting Facebook buttons.The MWC was a major win for Google's (GOOG) Android operating system, as new partners and new Android devices played a big role in the week's unfolding drama. And of course, who could miss the sudden shift in world powers on the eve of the MWC as Nokia (NOK) and Microsoft's (MSFT) massive strategic partnership suddenly realigns the playing field? Here is a look at some new features and devices from Sony (SNE) Ericsson (ERIC), ZTE, HTC, Microsoft and Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV