3. American Lorain (ALN) is a China-based integrated food company engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of processed food products.
For 2010 fourth quarter, data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting earnings per share of 30 cents, up from 24 cents per share and 16 cents per share reported in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. For full-year, the company is likely to see earnings per share of 65 cents for 2010, 72 cents for 2011 and 90 cents for 2012, as against earnings of 55 cents per share for 2009.
At $2.88, the stock is trading at an attractive price-to-earnings multiple of 3.5. In comparison, China Nutrifruit Group (CNGL), Omega Protein (OME), Smart Balance (SMBL), and SkyPeople Fruit Juice (SPU) are trading at PE multiples of 5.8, 13.6, 42.3 and 5.1, respectively.Analysts covering the stock recommend buying. The stock has 100% upside over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $5.75, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV