5. Medifast (MED) is engaged in the production, distribution, sale of weight management and disease management products, including the Medifast weight-loss program.
Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings per share of 33 cents for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to earnings of 21 cents per share and 39 cents per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Medifast is likely to report earnings per share of $1.43 for 2010 and $1.84 for 2011, up from earnings of 81 cents per share for 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The stock will likely provide an upside of 51% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $38.7, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. On the other hand, Hospira (HSP), Weight Watchers International (WTW), and Nutrisystem (NTRI) are seen returning around 11%, -7% and 31%, respectively.The stock's current forward PE multiple is18.0 and EV-to-EBITDA multiple is 9.0. All four analysts covering the stock recommend buying.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV