5. Medifast (MED) is engaged in the production, distribution, sale of weight management and disease management products, including the Medifast weight-loss program.
Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings per share of 33 cents for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to earnings of 21 cents per share and 39 cents per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Medifast is likely to report earnings per share of $1.43 for 2010 and $1.84 for 2011, up from earnings of 81 cents per share for 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The stock will likely provide an upside of 51% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $38.7, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. On the other hand, Hospira (HSP), Weight Watchers International (WTW), and Nutrisystem (NTRI) are seen returning around 11%, -7% and 31%, respectively.The stock's current forward PE multiple is18.0 and EV-to-EBITDA multiple is 9.0. All four analysts covering the stock recommend buying.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV