10. General Mills (GIS) is a global manufacturer and marketer of branded and packaged foods.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings of 56 cents per share for 2011 third quarter ending Feb., compared to earnings of 48 cents per share and 92 cents per share reported in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Earnings per share are forecast at $2.58 for fiscal 2011 and $2.70 for fiscal 2012, up from earnings of $2.24 per share reported for fiscal 2010.
The stock received 82% buy ratings from 18 of the 22 analysts covering the stock, while 4 analysts rated a hold. In comparison, Kraft Foods, Kellogg, and ConAgra Foods (CAG) have buy ratings of 67%, 65% and 33%, respectively.Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting an average price target of $40.2, up 12% from the current level. The stock is trading at a forward price-to-earnings multiple of 14.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV