1. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR) is a Brazil-based holding company engaged in electric power generation and transmission.
The company and its subsidiaries are responsible for 37% of total generation capacity, through 29 hydroelectric plants, 15 thermoelectric plants and 2 thermonuclear plants. In the transmission segment, the company has around 60,000 kilometre (or 37,282 miles) transmission lines and 237 substations. The company is present in other South America countries, both in generation and transmission.
The stock appreciated 3% in the last one year. As per analysts' consensus estimates, the stock is expected to deliver 47% in the next one year. Data from Bloomberg has analysts giving 67% buy rating. The stock is trading at 9 times its estimated 2010 earnings.>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 South American Utility Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV