2. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CIG) engages principally in electricity generation, transmission and distribution.
During 2010 third quarter, net revenue and EBITDA for the same quarter were up 6% and 11%, respectively, beating the earlier year quarter. Inclusion of new assets and operational efficiency improved EBITDA margins. Net income rose 90%, compared to the second quarter of 2010.
Operating through its subsidiaries Gasmig and Infovias, the company distributes natural gas and is a telecommunications service provider. The company's power plants have total installed capacity of around 7,000MW, making it one of Brazil's largest electricity generators. CEMIG operates the largest electricity distribution network in the region, spread across 300,000 miles.The stock gained around 12% in the last one year and is currently trading at 10.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings and is expected to deliver an upside of 42% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV