3. Enersis (ENI) is a Chile-based company engaged in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru.
Operating through subsidiaries, Enersis had an installed capacity of 14,851 MW and supplied electricity to nearly 12.8 million customers, or approximately 45 million inhabitants.
In terms of operating profits, distribution and generation account for 45% and 55%, respectively. Chile and Columbia are major contributors to operating profit, representing an average 48% and 24%, respectively.At the end of September 2010, revenue stood at $13 billion, with operating profit at $4.3 billion. Leverage declined to 0.97 for September 2010 from 1.07 for the whole of 2009. The stock is trading at 11 times its estimated 2011 earnings and consensus estimates project 32% upside in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV