4. EDENOR (EDN) is the largest electricity distribution company in Argentina, in terms of number of customers and electricity sold. Edenor distributes electricity exclusively to the northwestern zone of the greater Buenos Aires metropolitan area and to the northern part of the city of Buenos Aires, which has 7 million population and an area of 4,637 sq. km.
Net sales were up 8.3% year-over-year during 2010 third quarter mainly because of higher volume of energy and capacity sold. Volume of energy sold increased 6% in the third quarter of 2010 due to higher consumption per customer. Gross margin rose during the quarter on higher volume of energy and capacity sold.
The stock delivered 55% gains during the last one year, and has 27% upside potential in the next one year, as per analysts' consensus estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV