NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR), Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CIG), Enersis (ENI), EDENOR (EDN), Empresa Nacional de Electricidad (Endesa Chile) (EOC) have a 25%-47% upside, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
These five utility stocks from South America have an average market capitalization of $10 billion. The selected stocks have stable cash flows and are less volatile, compared to stocks in other sectors. Earnings for these stocks are expected to average around 10%-12% in 2011.
The stocks delivered an average return of 12% in the last one year and have the potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year. Analysts expect these stocks to have an upside of up to 47%. Besides, these stocks are less volatile compared to peers in other sectors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV