Domains under management were up 5.3% year over year to 10.2 million, another record. All of this resulted in a year-over-year increase in domain service revenue of 13.8%. Our competitive position remains strong and we had a number of significant customer wins during the quarter including two sizable additions.
We also had a couple of notable wins within our OpenSRS email offering and continue to be encouraged by the strength of the pipeline. The migrations of both customers are proceeding well and we expect them to be completed before the end of the month. These wins contributed to a 32% growth in a number of active email boxes from a year earlier. These sizable additions will position email for strong year-over-year growth beginning in Q1.
On last quarter’s call, we announced the imminent launch of our latest reseller offering goMobi, a service that allows website owners to very easily set up a mobile version of their website. As a reminder, a goMobi-enabled website will identify the type of device that a visitor to a site is using and customize the user interface to that particular device.
We launched goMobi towards the end of the quarter and I’m pleased to report that things are progressing well. The offering is gaining traction and feedback from customers has been very positive.As is typical with any OpenSRS rollout, it will take some time for our resellers to integrate our offering into their businesses. Several of our largest customers and many of our smaller ones have already done so and many more are working on it. Just as encouraging, is the fact that number of new self-serve service providers, largely web designers are coming to OpenSRS for the first time because they want to offer goMobi to their customers. As I discussed last quarter, we see mobile computing as the dominate trend in technology today and something that we believe we are positioned to capitalize on in a number of ways.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV