BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Dow stocks, still among the cheapest in the U.S. market, are becoming popular investments of value-oriented hedge funds. David Tepper of Appaloosa Management held nine Dow stocks at the end of the fourth quarter. He's perhaps the most closely-watched hedge-fund manager today. Having more than doubled his fund in 2009, Tepper returned about 30% last year. He only buys stocks he considers to be undervalued. Below is an overview of his Dow picks, with a focus on fundamentals and valuation.
9. Bank of America (BAC) is a diversified financial services company, with retail-, commercial- and investment-banking operations.
Tepper increased his Bank of America stake by 2.6 million shares during the fourth quarter, signaling optimism about the stock's 2011 upside. Bank of America's stock has fallen 2.3% in the past 12 months, underperforming indices. Currently, 21, or 60%, of the analysts covering Bank of America rate it "buy." JPMorgan, ranking the bank "overweight", forecasts a rise of 35% to $20. Deutsche Bank expects Bank of America's stock to fall to $13 during 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV