1. ICICI Bank (IBN) is the largest private bank in India with varied business interests including insurance and asset management.
For 2010 December quarter, the bank reported strong net profit growth of 30.5% year-over-year, topping analysts' estimates, mainly attributable to lower provisioning.
During the same quarter, loans grew 6.4% from the earlier quarter. Lower-cost deposits showed healthy traction, growing at 23% year-over-year and current account-saving account ratio improved to 44.2%. Net interest margins remained stable at 2.6%; however, cost-to-income ratio increased to 42.3% from 41.5% sequentially.Asset quality remained strong, gross non-performing asset ratio increased marginally by 0.4% quarter-over-quarter, while net non-performing asset ratios continued to decline. Provision coverage ratio improved to 71.8% during the quarter from 69% in the previous quarter. The stock has a 50% buy rating and is expected to deliver gains of around 30% in a year's time, as per analysts' consensus estimates. The stock is trading at 2.2 times its estimated 2012 book. >To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Indian Growth Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV