2. HDFC Bank (HDB) is one of the biggest private sector banks focusing on retail, wholesale and treasury operations.
HDFC Bank's net profit increased 33% year-over-year in the December quarter, largely driven by income growth and lower provisioning. Loan advances grew 33% year-over-year.
Despite a 10 basis point year-over-year decline, margins remained healthy at 4.2%, supported by low-cost deposit franchises. However, margins could face some pressure, as the bank has to expand its deposit base.Provisioning expenses were under control and coverage ratio improved to 81%. Asset quality remained healthy and continued to improve, gross and net non-performing loan ratios improved sequentially. Restructured assets stood at 0.3% of loan book. The stock delivered 25% gains during the last one year. Analysts' consensus estimates project a 30% upside from current level. The stock is trading 3.8 times its estimated 2012 book.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV