3. Sterlite Industries (SLT) is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources and is a non-ferrous mining company.
During the third quarter, consolidated net revenue increased 25% year-over-year on improved realizations for zinc, aluminum and lead. Earnings before interest and tax for copper and aluminum grew 38% and 120%, respectively. Overall, net income jumped 60% during the same quarter.
The company is well placed to capitalize on strong metal demand through its expansion plans in the zinc-lead segment and higher merchant power. However, capex plans are on hold and the litigation regarding Tuticorin could have a bearing on earnings, going forward.Analysts have a 100% buy ratings and the stock is expected to deliver 29% in the next one year, based on consensus estimates. The stock is trading at 8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV