Futures Up on Rising Housing Starts, Dell
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures pointed to a stronger open Wednesday morning after strong housing starts data and Dell (DELL) reported easily topping analysts' fourth-quarter profit expectations.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up by 35 points, or 30 points above fair value, at 12,237. Futures for the S&P 500 were higher by 4 points, or 5 points above fair value, at 1331, and Nasdaq futures were ahead by 6 points, or 7 points above fair value.
Stocks fell Tuesday as higher inflation in China pressured basic material stocks, and lower-than-expected January retail sales pressured market sentiment.Late Tuesday,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV