Devon earned $562 million, or $1.29 a share, in the fourth quarter, down from year-earlier earnings of $667 million, or $1.49 a share.
Excluding items, Devon said it earned $683 million, or $1.57 a share, in the quarter. Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.40 a share.
Revenue fell to $2.14 billion from $2.45 billion.Devon said its fourth-quarter production was "impacted by a number of minor operational issues including volume curtailments attributable to the Enbridge pipeline outage, completion delays, and interruptions due to severe weather. In aggregate, these items reduced fourth-quarter production by 11,000 equivalent barrels per day. " -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV