What it Does:Provides voice-over-Internet (VoiP) servicesBroadSoft (BSFT), a communications software company based in Gaithersburg, Md., had a troubling start when it first launched its initial public offering in June 2010. The company priced at $9, on the low end of its initial range of between $9 and $11, and shares sank on its first day of trading. But despite this initial setback, shares of BroadSoft have skyrocketed more than 317% since going public, making it the best-performing tech stock to debut within the past year. The company reported third-quarter 2010 revenue of $22.3 million, up 22% from the year-ago period. Going forward, BroadSoft anticipates fourth-quarter revenue $31.0 to $32.0 million when it reports earnings on March 7. Tech watchers expect BroadSoft, which recently announced it was launching Web-based software designed for 4G smartphones and tablets, to continue to grow going into 2011. "BroadSoft ranks as one of the fastest growing communications companies," Pacific Crest Securities analyst Brent Bracelin wrote in a research note. Bracelin places the company in the same fast-growing league as tech heavyweights Research in Motion (RIMM) and Riverbed (RVBD). BroadSoft's competitors include Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco (CSCO) and Nortel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV