BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Activist-investor Carl Icahn, founder of Icahn Capital, held a concentrated equity portfolio of only 23 stocks at fourth-quarter's end. Icahn's bets on pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are heavy. Here's a snapshot of the seven companies in which the famed investor amplified his stake.
Amylin (AMLN), +1.4 million shares
Chesapeake Energy (CHK), +4.2 million shares
Commercial Metals (CMC), +1.2 million shares
Enzon (ENZN), +1.9 million shares
Hain Celestial (HAIN), +311 thousand shares
Lawson Software (LWSN), +422 thousand shares
Motorola Solutions (MSI), +2.0 million shares
Icahn added one new position, Navistar International (NAV), to his portfolio, purchasing 9,326 shares. Navistar makes commercial trucks, buses, diesel engines, military vehicles and chassis. Its stock has soared 65% in the past 12 months.
Jefferies, Buy, $75
Goldman Sachs, Neutral, $71
Deutsche Bank, Buy, $71
JPMorgan, Underweight, $66
Here is a snapshot of the stock's valuation: Forward Earnings Multiple: 8.9 (52% Industry Discount)
Trailing Earnings Multiple: 22 (19% Industry Discount)
Cash Flow Multiple: 4.3 (74% Industry Discount)
Sales Multiple: 0.4 (76% Industry Discount)
PEG Ratio: 0.3 (70% Growth Discount)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV