Company Profile: Hershey, Penn.-based Hershey is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing package types of chocolate and confectionery products, food and beverage enhancers and gum and mint refreshment products.
The maker of Reese's, Twizzlers and Kit Kat confections brands said it expects adjusted gross margins to be relatively flat in 2011 year-over-year despite "meaningfully higher input costs."Hershey said it raised wholesale prices on most of its products sold in the U.S., effective immediately. Hershey said a weighted average price increase of around 9.7% will be added to its instant consumable, multi-pack, packaged candy and grocery lines, effective immediately. "These changes will help offset part of the significant increases in Hershey's input costs, including raw materials, packaging, fuel, utilities and transportation," the company said. "Given this timing and some higher than anticipated costs, we do not expect this action to materially impact our financial expectations this year," CEO David J. West said. "We expect the majority of the financial benefit from this pricing action to impact our earnings in 2012."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV