Dr Pepper Snapple
Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS)
Company Profile: Plano, Texas-based Dr Pepper Snapple is an integrated brand owner, manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic beverages in the United States, Canada and Mexico with a diverse portfolio of flavored carbonated soft drinks and non-carbonated beverages. Brands include Dr Pepper, Sunkist soda, 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Schweppes, Snapple, Mott's, Hawaiian Punch and Clamato, among others.
In late March Dr Pepper Snapple said that costs for plastic bottles and fuel to transport beverages have been rising as oil prices march higher.Dr Pepper Snapple reiterated its forecast that total costs of goods will grow between 6% and 7% in 2011, though the recent spike in oil prices was not factored into that projection. Oil prices affect the price of polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, the plastic used by companies like Dr Pepper Snapple to make soda bottles. Dr Pepper Snapple and others, like Coca-Cola (KO) and PepsiCo (PEP), cannot hedge their prices of PET because the material is not traded like other commodities. Dr Pepper Snapple intends to raise prices and implement other cost savings initiatives in an effort to offset higher costs. Some other initiatives include more efficiently spending marketing dollars, and shipping certain products directly to retailers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV