NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Halliburton (HAL), Schlumberger (SLB), Trina Solar (TSL), Complete Production Services (CPX), ReneSola (SOL), Sinopec (SNP), CNOOC (CEO), Apache Corporation (APA), Helix Energy (HLX) and Royal Dutch Shell (RDS/A) are energy stocks with analyst buy ratings of up to 91%. These stocks have the potential to deliver gains in the range of 14% to 60%, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Crude oil prices rose to a two-year high on Monday, after Brent touched $103 per barrel. The Middle East's political unrest could exacerbate crude oil supply concerns. Earlier in the month, crude prices breached the $100 per barrel threshold, after riots rocked Egypt.
We have identified ten energy stocks that received analysts' top buy ratings and which have the potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year. The following 10 stocks returned an average 40% in the last one year on superior fundamentals. Analysts' consensus estimate indicates a potential 14%-60% upside in the next one year.
Further, STR Holdings (STRI), Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), LDK Solar (LDK) and GT Solar International (SOLR) could deliver healthy upsides according to analysts, however, we did not consider them because of their lower buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV