NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- ChinaCast Education (CAST), Solarfun Power Holdings (SOLF), CNinsure Inc (CISG), Home Inns & Hotels Management (HMIN), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), Zhongpin (HOGS), Longtop (LFT), Trina Solar (TSL), Ctrip.com International (CTRP) LDK Solar (LDK) have upsides in the range of 20%-73%, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Last week, for the third time in the last four months, the People's Bank of China raised key policy rates. It increased one-year deposit and lending rates by 25 basis points each, taking the rates to 3% and 6.06%, respectively. These are part of the central bank's efforts to combat spiraling inflation. Analysts believe that the present rate hike was not unexpected, and expect further rate hikes over the next six months.
Even though the present rate hike did not spook the market, it does not take away the fact that Chinese stocks underperformed its developed market peers. The Shanghai Stock Exchange lost 7% in the last one year, while Dow Jones Industrial Average and FTSE 100 surged 15-16% in the same period.
We have identified 10 Chinese stocks that investors can consider for long-term. The selected stocks have potential to deliver 20% to 73% returns over the next one year with an average analyst buy ratings of 69%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV