TOLEDO, Ohio, Feb. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Libbey Inc. (NYSE Amex: LBY) today announced that Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John F. Meier has announced his intention to retire by the end of 2011.
The Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board, with the assistance of an internationally recognized executive search firm, will lead a comprehensive search process to determine his successor, with both internal and external candidates being considered.
- is the largest manufacturer of glass tableware in the western hemisphere and one of the largest glass tableware manufacturers in the world;
- is expanding its international presence with facilities in China, Mexico, the Netherlands and Portugal;
- is the leading manufacturer of tabletop products for the U.S. foodservice industry; and
- supplies products to foodservice, retail, industrial and business-to-business customers in over 100 countries.
Based in Toledo, Ohio, since 1888, Libbey operates glass tableware manufacturing plants in the United States in Louisiana and Ohio, as well as in Mexico, China, Portugal and the Netherlands. Its Crisa subsidiary, located in Monterrey, Mexico, is the leading producer of glass tableware in Mexico and Latin America. Its Royal Leerdam subsidiary, located in Leerdam, Netherlands, is among the world leaders in producing and selling glass stemware to retail, foodservice and industrial clients. Its Crisal subsidiary, located in Portugal, provides an expanded presence in Europe. Its Syracuse China subsidiary designs and distributes an extensive line of high-quality ceramic dinnerware, principally for foodservice establishments in the United States. Its World Tableware subsidiary imports and sells a full-line of metal flatware and holloware and an assortment of ceramic dinnerware and other tabletop items principally for foodservice establishments in the United States. Its Traex subsidiary, located in Wisconsin, designs, manufactures and distributes an extensive line of plastic items for the foodservice industry. In 2010, Libbey Inc.'s net sales totaled $799.8 million.SOURCE Libbey Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV