Futures Slide on Economic Data
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stock futures were slipping Tuesday as concerns about rising inflation in China and weaker-than-expected retail sales growth in the U.S. weighed on Wall Street.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were down by 17 points, or 31 points below fair value, at 12,207. Futures for the S&P 500 were lower by 2.4 points, or 4.8 points below fair value, at 1325, and Nasdaq futures were down by 4.2 points, or 6.9 points below fair value.
Stocks ran in place for most of Monday's session on a day that was light on economic data but saw the White House release a $3.73 trillion budget for fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV