CALGARY, Alberta, Feb. 14, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SMART Technologies Inc. ("SMART") (TSX:SMA) (Nasdaq:SMT), a leading provider of collaboration solutions, announces that it has become aware that a class proceeding ("Class Action") has been commenced in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on behalf of purchasers of shares of SMART in the July 2010 initial public offering of 38.8 million shares.
SMART believes that such Class Action is without merit and is confident that SMART has complied with all applicable securities laws requirements. SMART intends to vigorously defend the Class Action.
About SMART SMART Technologies is a leading provider of collaboration solutions that transform the way the world works and learns. We believe that collaboration and interaction should be easy. As the global leader in interactive whiteboards, we bring more than two decades of collaboration research and development to a broad range of easy-to-use, integrated solutions that free people from their desks and computer screens, so collaborating and learning with digital resources are more natural.The SMART Technologies logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7573 © 2011 SMART Technologies. SMART, smarttech and the SMART logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of SMART Technologies in the U.S. and/or other countries. All third-party product and company names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. Please note that SMART is written in all capital letters.
CONTACT: Marina Geronazzo Manager, Public Relations SMART Technologies Phone +1.403.407.5088 E-mail MarinaGeronazzo@smarttech.com Web smarttech.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV