Mercer International Inc. Reports Strong 2010 Fourth Quarter Operating EBITDA Of EUR64.6 Million ($87.8 Million) And Record 2010 Yearly Operating EBITDA Of EUR224.0 Million ($297.3 Million)
During both 2010 and 2009, we recorded approximately €5.9 million of net tax recoveries.
We recorded a loss on the extinguishment of debt of €7.5 million in 2010, primarily in connection with the repurchase of our 2013 Notes. In 2009, we recorded a gain of €4.4 million on the extinguishment of our convertible notes.
We reported net income attributable to common shareholders of €86.3 million, or €2.24 per basic and €1.56 per diluted share, for 2010, which included aggregate net non-cash unrealized losses of €0.5 million, comprised of a non-cash gain of €1.9 million on the Stendal interest rate derivatives, a non-cash foreign exchange loss of €6.1 million on our long-term debt, a non-cash loss on the extinguishment of our 2013 Notes and a non-cash income tax benefit. In 2009, we reported a net loss attributable to common shareholders of $62.2 million, or €1.71 per basic and diluted share, which included aggregate net non-cash unrealized gains of €7.5 million, comprised of a non-cash loss of €5.8 million on the Stendal interest rate derivatives, a non-cash foreign exchange gain of €2.7 million on our long-term debt, a non-cash gain of €4.4 million on the extinguishment of our convertible notes and a non-cash income tax benefit.
Liquidity and Capital ResourcesThe following table is a summary of selected financial information for the periods indicated:
|Years Ended December 31,|
|Cash and cash equivalents||€ 99,022||€ 51,291|
|Property, plant and equipment||846,767||868,558|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV