NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tech toys were one of the highlights of Toy Fair 2011 in New York City, which saw lots of classic playthings like board games and boomerangs updated with cutting-edge technology.
Mattel (MAT) spiced up its traditional Ken doll with a microphone that plays back up to five seconds of recorded sound, while Hasbro (HAS) introduced new versions of Monopoly and Battleship that contain infared cameras that scan the gameboard to keep track of play.
(That's toy company TOSY's newest iteration of Topio below, a ping-pong playing robot.)
Jakks Pacific (JAKK) took a cue from a popular iPhone music app and is releasing an actual microphone that makes you sound like the rapper T-Pain while singing into it.Other top tech trends at this year's Toy Fair include games that incorporate social elements (like those that work with apps), toys focused on science and engineering (like model-building) and playthings that include motion-sensor technology. TheStreet combed the 100,000-plus products on display to bring you some of the best tech-related toys from the event. Read on.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV