BankAtlantic, Florida’s Most Convenient Bank, announced today that it is joining in to support the Stand Among Friends - First Annual emb(race) and Family Day. The inaugural emb(race) event will have something for everyone in the family including games, activities, food, fun and much more.
“The Stand Among Friends - First Annual emb(race) is a community wide event providing an opportunity for everyone in the community to come together to learn about each other and to emb(race) our differences as individuals. The day will focus on everyone's abilities and celebrate the uniqueness of us all,” commented Shawn Friedkin, Chief Executive Officer of Stand Among Friends. “Our events are always fun and exciting and the best part is that all of the net funds raised will go directly to provide ongoing programs and services to people with disabilities.”
The Stand Among Friends - First Annual emb(race) will be held on Sunday, February 27, 2011. All of the races will take place on a course located at the Stand Among Friends Disability Center at Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, in Boca Raton, Florida. For all serious runners, the 10k and 5k are on courses certified by local running icon Gene Witkowski and the scoring will be handled by Accuchip Timing.
- Registration and check-in for all events begins at 6 a.m.
- Start time for the 10K event is 7:15 a.m.
- The 10K course is open to any runner, jogger, race walker, walker, or wheeled participant who can complete the course in 2.5 hours or less.
- Start time for the 5K is 7:20 a.m.
- Start time for the one mile event is 8:30 a.m.
The Stand Among Friends - First Annual emb(race) is their first all inclusive race. “Whether you want to run, walk, stroll, or roll using a wheelchair, or hand cycle everyone can participate and emb(race),” said Ken Binger, BankAtlantic’s President of Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast. “This is a community event that everyone can truly take part in and support.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV