NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The most painful buys sometimes are the most profitable," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday, as he explored a handful of high-growth stocks that seem to be headed forever higher.
"The sky's the limit," when it comes to stocks like Apple (AAPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, along with Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), Netflix (NFLX) and ARM Holdings (ARMH), Cramer told viewers. He said these stocks' valuations go beyond traditional price-to-earnings multiples and venture into the realm of stock market religion.Cramer said investors need to think of these stocks not as individual companies, but rather as a new "high growth" asset class that's attracting new money entering the stock market at an incredible rate. He said money managers crave growth, and as long as these stocks have it, their shares will be rewarded as more and more money gets pumped into them. Money managers don't consider Chipotle's multiple, said Cramer, they only see a company that could becoming the next McDonald's (MCD) trading at just one tenth the size of McDonald's. When looking at Netflix, Cramer said money managers compare it to coming social media IPOs and determine that Netflix has to be worth at least twice those companies' valuations. Then there's ARM Holdings, a company whose processor is in just about every mobile device out there. Cramer said investors need to forget about the news of the day for these stocks. He said shares of Apple can trade up $5 on just rumors. Instead, Cramer said investors need to understand that in the religion that is the stock market, growth stocks are idols that get worshipped by new money.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV