NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Rand Logistics (Nasdaq:RLOG) have taken a tremendous swing upward. The stock is trading at $7 as of 10:52 a.m. ET, 32.3% above Friday's closing price of $5.29. Volume is at 78,007, 2.6 times the daily average of 30,500. Rand Logistics has a market cap of $67.3 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Rand Logistics, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides bulk freight shipping services in the Great Lakes region. It offers domestic port-to-port services and River Class bulk freight shipping services in Canada and the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 50, above the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 45.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 23.5. TheStreet Ratings rates Rand Logistics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and generally poor debt management. You can view the full Rand Logistics Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about RLOG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV