Van Winkle reiterated a buy rating and $50 price target on Green Mountain, and estimated that "earnings-per-share can exceed $1 for each 5% market penetration, with a 25% household penetration looking achievable."
JPMorgan analyst John Ivankoe noted in December that "such [a] product will be incremental to Starbucks' store sales and could easily be a $1 billion revenue opportunity for Starbucks in the U.S. alone."
Indeed, Starbucks' Wyss likened the coffee company's plans to penetrate the single-cup coffee brewing market to the impact Apple's (AAPL) iPhones had on the smartphone market.
She told the newswire that Starbucks' options include new partnerships, expansions of its Via instant coffee line or sales of single-cup brewers in its retail outlets."We don't have any specific announcements at this time ... but should have information in the near future," she said. With all this in mind, what do you think? Is a Starbucks-Green Mountain partnership a good idea or is the coffee chain better off launching its own single-cup brewing machine? Vote in our poll and see what readers of TheStreet think.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV