Starbucks will begin offering its coffee for the CV1 this fall, but indicated it continues to look for other ways to further push its popular coffee into the single-serve market.
"The single-serve coffee category in the U.S., and much of the world for that matter, is in its beginning stages of development," said Starbucks consumer products group president Jeff Hansberry. "At this very early stage, there are numerous contenders and no demonstrated, long-term winners related to either format or machines. Following our very successful introduction of Starbucks VIA Ready Brew in the U.S. and into a growing number of international markets, Starbucks will continue to explore the many single-serve and on-the-go solutions and options available to us, and to participate in those where we can better and more conveniently serve our customers wherever they may be."
"Look for further announcements from Starbucks as we continue to expand our presence in the premium single-serve category," Hansberry added.Reports in the Chicago Tribune and Reuters over the weekend "indicate Starbucks will sell brewers in its stores," noted Canaccord Genuity consumer analyst Scott Van Winkle. "Our belief has been, and continues to be, that Starbucks coffee will be available for Keurig brewers later this year. A deal is inevitable, in our opinion, and the timing may be soon, given these articles." Van Winkle said the reports fueled further speculation about Starbucks' plans after its agreement with Kraft -- a partnership where Kraft dispenses Starbucks' products to grocery stores and other retail outlets in the United States, Canada, Britain and other countries -- ends on March 1. Part of the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV