- Full year revenue of $112.2 million up 26% from prior year
- Full year earnings of $8.3 million or $0.56 per diluted share
- Quarterly VSAT product and service revenue up approximately 70%
MIDDLETOWN, R.I., Feb. 14, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KVH Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:KVHI) today reported financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2010. Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $27.0 million, up 3% from the quarter ended December 31, 2009. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter totaled $0.02 on net income of $0.2 million. During the same period last year the company reported net income of $1.8 million or $0.13 per diluted share, on revenues of $26.3 million.
For the year ended December 31, 2010, revenue was $112.2 million, up 26% compared to $89.1 million for the year ended December 31, 2009. KVH reported net income of $8.3 million or $0.56 on a per diluted share basis for the full year 2010. Excluding transaction costs associated with the acquisition of Virtek Communication, and a decrease to the deferred income tax asset valuation allowance, full year adjusted net income was $5.3 million, and adjusted diluted EPS was $0.36. For 2009, the company reported a net loss of $0.1 million or $0.01 per diluted share.
"2010 was a milestone year for KVH as we grew our top line for the full year by 26% and passed $100 million in annual revenues for the first time. In addition, we increased our annual operating profit by more than $6 million compared to 2009. Our VSAT business accelerated with significant growth in subscribers, units shipped, and major new long-term fleet contracts while in our commercial guidance and stabilization business we saw increasing demand for our inertial navigation systems," explained Martin Kits van Heyningen, KVH's chief executive officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV