BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DivX®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC), today announced at Mobile World Congress 2011 new metrics that illustrate how DivX is delivering on its vision to provide an end-to-end solution for high-quality video across mobile devices, platforms, and manufacturers. DivX has gained strong traction for its DivX Certification program in the mobile phone market from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. Since the official launch of the program in August 2007, major growth areas have included DivX HD™ Certified smartphones, Android™ devices, and tablets.
"With over 270 DivX Certified® mobile device models on the market, including more than 50 different Android phones, DivX is making high-quality mobile video a reality for consumers everywhere," said Matt Milne, Executive Vice President and General Manager, DivX. "2010 was a banner year for DivX in mobile growth, and we expect to see similar results in 2011 as we expand into new consumer electronics categories, sign new mobile device partners, and continue to drive adoption of our cutting-edge mobile technology for the easy playback of DivX video in full HD."
Key highlights of the DivX mobile program include:
- Over 270 different mobile device models Certified to date from leading operators including over 50 unique Android devices
- Increased adoption for DivX HD Certification — more than 30 percent of DivX Certified mobile phones in 2010 featured the DivX HD profile including the world's first DivX HD phone, the Samsung Wave, and the first DivX HD Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S
- Momentum in tablets including the launch of the first DivX Certified tablet, the Galaxy Tab, enabling powerful DivX HD video playback at home or on the go
- Multiple new online sites – such as Warner Video Live ( France), Media Markt ( Germany), MovieMAX ( Netherlands/ Belgium), Videoland ( Netherlands/ Belgium), Mejane ( Netherlands/ Belgium), FilmOn (UK); CinemaNow, Film Fresh and WB Shop ( United States) – that now distribute Hollywood content in the DivX format for enjoyment on mobile devices
- DivX Secure Adaptive Streaming solution that will enable the high-quality delivery of premium content directly to consumer electronics devices, including tablets and mobile phones
- The company's Internet TV service DivX TV™ on mobile platforms and RoxioNow™ powering the digital distribution of premium content in the DivX format on mobile devices