Feb. 14, 2011
DivX®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC), today announced at Mobile World Congress 2011 new metrics that illustrate how DivX is delivering on its vision to provide an end-to-end solution for high-quality video across mobile devices, platforms, and manufacturers. DivX has gained strong traction for its DivX Certification program in the mobile phone market from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. Since the official launch of the program in
, major growth areas have included DivX HD™ Certified smartphones, Android™ devices, and tablets.
"With over 270 DivX Certified® mobile device models on the market, including more than 50 different Android phones, DivX is making high-quality mobile video a reality for consumers everywhere," said
, Executive Vice President and General Manager, DivX. "2010 was a banner year for DivX in mobile growth, and we expect to see similar results in 2011 as we expand into new consumer electronics categories, sign new mobile device partners, and continue to drive adoption of our cutting-edge mobile technology for the easy playback of DivX video in full HD."
Key highlights of the DivX mobile program include:
DivX demonstrations at Mobile World Congress include:
- Over 270 different mobile device models Certified to date from leading operators including over 50 unique Android devices
- Increased adoption for DivX HD Certification — more than 30 percent of DivX Certified mobile phones in 2010 featured the DivX HD profile including the world's first DivX HD phone, the Samsung Wave, and the first DivX HD Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S
- Momentum in tablets including the launch of the first DivX Certified tablet, the Galaxy Tab, enabling powerful DivX HD video playback at home or on the go
- Multiple new online sites – such as Warner Video Live ( France), Media Markt ( Germany), MovieMAX ( Netherlands/ Belgium), Videoland ( Netherlands/ Belgium), Mejane ( Netherlands/ Belgium), FilmOn (UK); CinemaNow, Film Fresh and WB Shop ( United States) – that now distribute Hollywood content in the DivX format for enjoyment on mobile devices
- DivX Secure Adaptive Streaming solution that will enable the high-quality delivery of premium content directly to consumer electronics devices, including tablets and mobile phones
- The company's Internet TV service DivX TV™ on mobile platforms and RoxioNow™ powering the digital distribution of premium content in the DivX format on mobile devices
DivX Certified phones are all tested to guarantee high-quality DivX video playback. DivX technology makes it easy for consumers to load their video libraries of both standard definition and HD movies in the DivX format on their phones' internal and external memory and then watch their collections anywhere they choose. In addition, DivX Certified phones feature the ability to connect directly to other DivX Certified devices, such as HDTVs, turning the phone into a powerful mobile set-top box in the living room. In addition, DivX Certified phones support the secure playback of major
titles in the DivX format from leading studios because all DivX Certified devices include DivX digital rights management.
DivX creates, distributes, and licenses digital video technologies that span the "three screens" comprising today's consumer media environment — the PC, television, and mobile devices. Over 400 million DivX devices have shipped into the market worldwide from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. DivX also offers content providers and publishers a complete solution for the distribution of secure, high-quality digital video content. Driven by a globally recognized brand and a passionate community of hundreds of millions of consumers, DivX is simplifying the video experience to enable the digital home.