BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the leader in intelligent broadband controls, today announced that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) will resell Bridgewater's complete control plane portfolio globally, as an integral component of Juniper's MobileNext, the industry's first open mobile core for 2G/3G and LTE networks.
- Juniper Networks has selected Bridgewater's intelligent broadband controls suite including the Bridgewater Home Subscriber Server (HSS) and Bridgewater Policy Controller/PCRF, both anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker (SPR), as part of its MobileNext open mobile core solution for 2G, 3G, and LTE.
- The Bridgewater portfolio also includes Bridgewater's unique control-plane-in-a-box solution – EPC 500 – a pre-integrated network system that includes HSS, PCRF and Subscriber Data Broker and is designed to accelerate time-to-market for LTE trials and commercial deployments.
- This partnership will yield best-of-breed, end-to-end mobile packet core solutions that allow mobile operators to optimize existing 3G networks, migrate networks to 4G, and innovate with new services using Bridgewater's intelligent broadband control solutions.
- The partnership will strengthen Juniper Networks 3G and LTE mobile packet core offer with the industry's most comprehensive pre-integrated control plane solution offering proven scalability, performance, and market-leading functionality that helps operators drive revenue growth while simultaneously supporting ever-increasing mobile data growth.
Mike Marcellin, Vice President Product Marketing and Strategy, Juniper Networks"Mobile operators need a highly-scalable and efficient packet core to meet the pressure to scale bandwidth and drive profitability. Our comprehensive mobile portfolio coupled with our partnership with Bridgewater, enable mobile operators to deploy 3G today and transform seamlessly to 4G/LTE." David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems "Bridgewater is pleased to partner with Juniper as it delivers innovative, high-performance packet core solutions to mobile service providers worldwide. Juniper's selection of Bridgewater's PCRF and HSS validates our market and product leadership in comprehensive, carrier-grade intelligent broadband control solutions."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts