NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Joe Jiampietro, a longtime investment banker and corporate attorney who was one of the key dealmakers at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. during the crisis until he left last summer, has joined Goldman Sachs (GS) as a managing director in the unit that advises banks.
Jiampietro, who at Goldman will report to John Mahoney, co-head of North American depositories and specialty finance, also worked at the law firm Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, and was legal counsel to the Senate Banking Committee.
Jiampietro helped oversee more than $508 billion in asset sales while at the FDIC, according to an profile of him by The New York Times in April.Jiampietro referred calls to a spokeswoman, who confirmed the hire but declined further comment. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV