NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Joe Jiampietro, a longtime investment banker and corporate attorney who was one of the key dealmakers at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. during the crisis until he left last summer, has joined Goldman Sachs (GS) as a managing director in the unit that advises banks.
Jiampietro, who at Goldman will report to John Mahoney, co-head of North American depositories and specialty finance, also worked at the law firm Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, and was legal counsel to the Senate Banking Committee.
Jiampietro helped oversee more than $508 billion in asset sales while at the FDIC, according to an profile of him by The New York Times in April.Jiampietro referred calls to a spokeswoman, who confirmed the hire but declined further comment. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV